[Cvo-gaymen] Men's Discussion Group Meeting Wed 5/18/05 7:00pm-8:30pm

Daniel Howard DanielHoward1 at comcast.net
Mon May 16 18:02:33 PDT 2005

Greetings Guy's!

Hope you are having a good week and staying dry even with the few storms that have passed through the Willamette Valley as of recent.

The Linn/Benton GBTQQI Men's Discussion Group has only two more meetings in the month of May and after our meeting on Wed 5/25/05 we will be taking Three Months off for a summer break.  We do this because so many of the Guy's in our group are off doing summer fun things in the evenings and we experienced such a large decrease in attendance to the group, that we decided (starting last summer) we would take off the months of June, July and August and returning to a weekly schedule starting on September 7th at 7:00pm at our regular meeting place "First United Methodist Church" at the corners of 11th & 12th and Monroe in Corvallis.

There has been an ongoing exchange of ideas for special Social Events while we are not meeting.  So far we have a weekly Summer Gay Film  Festival at a members home that has the space and Movie Inventory to make a great event out of it and to facilitate this type of weekly event.

To help in General Overall Communication with the members of the group, Alan Batie has established a "Linn/Benton GBTQQI Men's Server" that you will be receiving an invitation to join.  If you are having a problem figuring out what function this server has, you can equate it with OSU's Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersexed server called Galanthia where OSU and regular community members (such as you and I) can proactively engage in conversation where everyone on the server has the opportunity to join in the conversation.  So be on the lookout for an Invitation soon to arrive by email!.

We hope you will take advantage of our next Men's Meeting on this Wednesday May 18th .  We will be  discussing Date's, Boyfriends & Partners; "The good, Bad and Ugly".  I am Sure you have a story or experience to share with the group.  So please join us!  Hope to see you Wednesday Evening!

Peace,

Daniel Howard
Group Facilitator
Linn/BentonGBTQQI at Comcast.net
541 753-7958

Fact:  1 in 250 Americans Is HIV Positive
However, Only 1 in 500 Actually Knows Their Status.

How about it?.  Do You Know Your HIV Status? If not, why don't you?  Knowing your HIV status and being responsible by sharing this important information with your mate/date that includes all disclosure before moving to "Intimate Situations" with that Date, Boyfriend or Lover/Partner".  Being honest with those particular types of partners is what saves many lives.

Through disclosure, you too can be a responsible human being, even with your HIV Status!.