[Cvo-leaf] Promoting the Leaf

Alan Kirk alankirk at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 17:13:32 PDT 2012

Alan -

Thanks for taking the step to set up a listserv.  I think it could come
in very handy going forward for us to keep in touch as a group.  I have
signed up.

I agree with you that the Leaf is ideal as a local (i.e., mid-valley)
travel car, and it's getting more feasible every month for regional
(western Oregon) travel.  I routinely drive as far as Wilsonville (~65
mi.), except in cold weather.

I also think that sales are slow because the initial cost is a big
hurdle for people, despite the tax credits and low cost per mile.  And,
like you say, people wish for longer range.  I keep thinking if only I
could go 100 mi. at highway speeds, and if only I had a 6kw charger
onboard, then the Leaf would *really* be a winner.

I'm game to explore a Leaf owners club in the Corvallis area (or even
Corvallis-Eugene-Albany-Salem area).

  - Alan Kirk