[Grovenet] Re: Media war with Bush and Iraq war

Krystof Zmudzinski krystof_zmudzinski at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 13:28:24 PDT 2005

I've mentioned polls.  IBD has a new poll, which
paints much better picture that the WashPosh poll
from the other day:

Americans Split On Military Effort In Iraq, But Most
Acknowledge Positive Outcomes

BY IBD STAFF

Americans may not see eye-to-eye with President Bush
on all issues, but a majority believe that the U.S.
military action in Iraq will lead to a more
democratic — and by extension freer — Middle East,
according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll.

Conducted June 6-10 among 913 adults, the poll found
nearly two of every three (60%) think America's foray
into Iraq has helped sow the seeds of democracy in
the Middle East. Among Republicans, that number jumps
up to 87%. Even large numbers of Democrats (44%) and
independents (53%) agree with that sentiment.

(The rest of the story is here:
http://tinyurl.com/agwuc)

IBD has also two interesting editorials.  One argues
against closing Gitmo (http://tinyurl.com/6h2ju) and
from Rumsfeld's recent comments it seems it will stay
that way.  The other editorial, "Coalition Of The
Whining" (http://tinyurl.com/da3xa) explains how
the old media wages their war against the reality:

Sen. Joe Biden demonstrates why America has
traditionally trusted Republicans more than Democrats
on national security with his glass-half-empty
analysis of the liberation of Iraq.

Biden did not realize how right he was when, speaking
on Sunday's edition of NBC's "Meet The Press," he
opined regarding the war in Iraq. "I think there's
this incredible gap between the reality on the ground
and the rhetoric back here."

But the gap is between our success and the rhetoric
of Biden and fellow Democrats. The reality on the
ground is that 50 million people in two of the
world's newest democracies, Iraq and Afghanistan, no
longer suffer the oppression, torture and mass graves
of Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, and under George
Bush, we're unlikely to give them back.

There's something disingenuous about senior Democrats
like Biden giving advice on winning in Iraq when had
either Al Gore or John Kerry been elected president
we would either have never gone in or quickly gotten
out.

The reality on the ground is that Republican
administrations tend to win wars and keep the peace
while Democratic administrations mismanage both war
and peace. Most of our past failures and present
predicaments can be pinned on Democratic presidents.

[...]

I know that there are people on this forum who support
our president and the military.  Some of you have
contacted me privately to say as much.  So I have
this message for you: put that Bush sticker on your
car as the sign of that support.  We need to unite
as well or better as the left does.  We have to show
our support so the hesitant among us can persevere.

Remember the stories coming from the left are meant
to break our spirit.  They are meant to divide us,
to question are resolution and our wisdom.

Sometimes the government is the enemy, this time, as
during Vietnam, the enemy lives within.

Krystof

--- Krystof Zmudzinski <krystof_zmudzinski at yahoo.com>