[Grovenet] 2 X 4 s

allnutt allnutt at verizon.net
Thu Jun 16 16:40:02 PDT 2005

Robert V knows a lot about wood so maybe he knows the 'real' answer, but my
guess would be splinters and mess as more and more homeowners and back yard
carpenters wanted to do thier own work.  Or it could be money.  If you could
sell a planed 2 X 4 for the same price as sawn, but use the shavings to also
make a particle board and sell it too, then you get more $ for the same
weight in wood. Maybe both.

Katie