[Grovenet] The Law Says I MUST Burn the American Flag

Thomas F. Alexander, D.D.S. doc at imakeyoursmile.com
Fri Jun 24 11:47:32 PDT 2005

I wasn't in on the decisions. As I understand it (remembering that many of
the scouts are 11-14 years old) there was concern that the respect towards
the flag was being overpowered by the sensational act of burning the flag.
Here's where I feel very inadequate in expressing my thoughts with words. It
might be compared to say a religious ceremony designed to turn worshippers
thoughts towards a principle. Over time the impact of the ceremony becomes
more powerful than the thoughts that the ceremony were inspire the
worshippers.

Tom Alexander