[Grovenet] ... questions of medical ethics

Geri ggsteele at gte.net
Sat Jun 25 09:53:22 PDT 2005

More perversions at Gitmo --

" Dr. Stephen Xenakis, a psychiatrist and former Army brigadier general in the medical corps, said that 'this behavior is not consistent with our medical responsibility or any of the codes that guide our conduct as doctors.' "

-~-~-~-

http://tinyurl.com/eywhk

June 24, 2005, 1:21AM

Guantanamo interrogators say doctors help craft methods

Pentagon's use of psychologists and psychiatrists raises questions of medical ethics

By NEIL A. LEWIS
New York Times

WASHINGTON - Military doctors at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have aided interrogators in conducting and refining coercive interrogations of detainees, including providing advice on how to increase stress levels and exploit fears, according to new, detailed accounts given by former interrogators......................