[Grovenet] Finding Roots (WAS: E-Card from Hoss)

Ron D'Eau Claire rondec at easystreet.com
Wed Jul 4 16:45:19 PDT 2007

We only had to wait a week for our stuff, but that was long enough since the
movers said they'd be here in 24 hours so we had to hurry to be ready for
them. Then, as the truck was pulling out from our digs in California, they
said "Oh by the way, dispatch changed our schedule. We'll see you in a
week...". So, at least we weren't waiting for them here. Bought an air bed
from Fred Meyer, borrowed a couple of chairs and sort of camped out for that
week.

We believed the stories about Oregon and expected it to be cool and wet
wherever we landed west of the Cascades. Ha, ha! Color me gullible.

The weather you're having right now is what really prodded us to "pull up
roots" and leave Forest Grove for the coast. The weather report for our
South Beach digs is for highs between 65 and 67 for the next week with
"abundant sunshine". Just got back from jogging along the surf below us
here. Didn't even work up a sweat after a mile.

Maybe we've found "our" Oregon.

On the other hand, I've always wondered what it was like over the horizon...

Ron D'Eau Claire