[Grovenet] it ain't lookin' to good

Ron D'Eau Claire ron at cobi.biz
Sat Jul 21 15:47:32 PDT 2007

Yeah, the track of the Pineapple Express passed us moving north sometime
yesterday. We're due for mostly sunny skies starting Monday.

I skipped my daily run on the beach yesterday and today. When it's blowing
too hard the wind chill sets in when I get splashed by a wave. I like to run
along the edge of the surf, not on the dry sand. Besides the dry sand starts
looking like a Sahara sand storm when the wind kicks up. Gusts are hitting
about 30 mph today and were a bit higher than that yesterday.

Temp here is 65F. As of now we're up to 0.75" of rain for July at the
Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport.

A fellow doing the same as I a few miles North at Agate beach came across a
grisly sight: a corpse washed up on the sand. It was a fully-clothed man who
had been dead a few days.

Each year one or two people, especially teens in swim trunks or cut-offs,
are lost after they turn their back on the surf and get caught by a sneaker
wave and then try to power their way back to shore against the rip until
they become exhausted, but a fully-clothed adult is very unusual.

Time for Inspector Morse, or at least Jessica Fletcher, to get to work and
solve the mystery.

Ron D'Eau Claire