[Grovenet] Fwd: rose cuttings

Ed Davie edavie at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 19:11:25 PDT 2007

Alan, where can you buy the hormones?
Ed

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan L Domenghini
  To: Forest Grove local interests list
  Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:52 PM
  Subject: Re: [Grovenet] Fwd: rose cuttings

  Tom...
  It is quite simple to transport rose outings, as
I do it all the time.
  I send cuttings to my family and friends in
calif all the time.
  First read the url I sent about rose cuttings.
  I always use Press'n Seal made by GladT
  and wrap each rose individually with a little
water to keep the moist.
  Then I'll put however many I have to send in a
Zip Lock bag, and into a
  3 day mailer box from the Post Office. I have
NEVER had any problems at
  all doing it like this  for many years. In fact
yopu might want to do it
  this way instead of trying to take it on a
plane, for it would stop a
  lot of questions.
  http://www.rooting-hormones.com/rose.htm

  ~alan~
  --------
  Tom Alexander wrote....
  Dear Hoss and grovenet rose growers,
  A while back I visited the house that my
Grandfather owned many years
  ago. In the garden are a few rose bushes that he
planted from cuttings.
  I don't know much about them but I do know he
called them his "Bottle
  babies." I'm told he used small jars or
something similar to create a
  more friendly climate for them. I did not know
that you can grow roses
  from cuttings. Next week I am going to be in
that town and the current
  home owner (who bought the house from my
Grandfather) has invited me to
  take cuttings if I wish. So getting to the
point, How difficult would it
  be to for me to take cuttings, Fly home from
Salt Lake City with them,
  and do something here to grow them into rose
bushes? Is this feasible
  for someone who is not a master gardener?
  Any advise would be welcomed
  Tom Alexander