[Grovenet] Big trees and antennas

Katie Allnutt allnutt at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 11:56:18 PST 2009

Hi Martha,
   Big trees make for great neighborhoods and they are lovely. I was
just thinking that the difference between your situation and mine
might be that you could have a big tree right smack in the way. When
we hooked up the new antenna we took a compass to aim the antenna the
right direction and we noted that one big tree was just to the left
and one big tree was just to the right but it was a straight line of
sight to the transmitters in the west hills.
    I was thinking maybe your antenna would do better one end of the
house vs the other end, depending on the tree alignment.  We were
just lucky that 100 years ago somebody planted the oaks in the right
place, and if we had to move the antenna mount we probably would
consider just giving up TV rather than pay for cable.