[Grovenet] re religious growth

Kurt Wilke k.wilke at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 15:15:22 PDT 2011

 A little tidbit.

What passed for the ancient Motel 6s were places called caravansaris.  Spelling is most likely wrong.

These were towns that were walled. The big tall doors were open during the day to make coming and going easy.  At night these doors were closed for protection.  However, there was another door that was low in heighth that people could enter.  For a camel to enter it had to get on its equivalent of knees and kind of crawl through.  This door was called the "eye of the needle".

Kurt