[Grovenet] emigration with ill will.

Adam Mayer adamsmayer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:57:33 PDT 2011

I disagree about no sense of land ownership.  Just because there isn't a
documented system doesn't mean people didn't believe in owning their land.
People are willing to share land but if someone shows up and tells you to
leave you will be fighting to protect your land.  Pretty much all of the
United States came from someone else, sometimes purchased from the last
owner, sometimes taken from them.  It's not always a fair system, but it's
what we have.  I see three choices the US government can make, 1) Say too
bad for your loss but it belongs to the US now; 2) Negotiate by selling some
of the land to another country; 3) Do nothing and leave it up to the current
landowners to take the law into their own hands.

Adam