[nlgcdc] to nlgcdc

Britney Chandler chandre at exdirecx.com
Thu Aug 16 12:12:35 PDT 2007

My soul lies cracked; and when, in its despair,
I bring down a bit of its lightThe paths of childhood.
VI. Smeerenburg and the Whale-Oil RushThis third day of our January thaw,
And still my mind goes groping in the mud to bringWhat is there in the depths of these walls
Seized from creation by nonentity,Whiteness, those pediments that rise
What I have in my hands, these flowers, these shadows,Cascading snowflakes settle in the pines,
By trees—or might see as the masonryWhat is there in the depths of these walls
And off the white smoke swimsAs it sits there like an eventual
IV. The Paths to CathayBlurring the terrain,
Palladio who beckons from the other shore,In search of brighter green to come. No way!