[Oeva-list] More EVers needed for Lacey Alternative Fuel Fair

Roy LeMeur roylemeur at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 22:09:10 PDT 2004

Below is the info for not only the Lacey EVent but also for the EVent
Roderick Wilde is involved with in Port Townsend WA. this coming weekend.

But I really want to speak as to why it is important to support these types
of EVents.

I attended the Seattle Alternatively Fueled Vehicle Fair (I wonder where
they got that name :^D) last weekend at Discovery Park.

There were only about a dozen vehicles being exhibited and I was skeptical
as to how many folks might attend.

Well… we were swamped with folks who were very hungry for the info, I talked
pretty much continuously to all types of folks that were eager to learn as
did the other exhibitors. All three local TV networks were there and shot a
lot of footage, there was substantial print and radio media too. All this
for maybe 12 vehicles.

Point being- EVs (and other alternatives to gasoline) appear to be hotter
right now than they have been since the “fuel crisis” of the 70s, Joe Sixpak
is hungry for the info. As fuel prices continue to rise there will be more
and more interest. I believe we need to strike while the iron is hot and do
whatever we can to help promote the adoption of this technology.

If any OEVA folks can manage to drag themselves and/or their EVs out to any
or all of the upcoming EVents, PLEASE DO!

EVent info below.

City of Lacey, WA. Alternative Fuel Fair and Electrathon Grand Prix 5/8/04

Warning! Shameless Promo-

Come one, come all, from wherever you are to the annual Lacey Alternative
Fuel Fair in Lacey, WA.

(Please contact me for more info, I am on the planning committee
roylemeur at yahoo.com)

A wide variety of electric, hybrid, LNG, and bio-diesel vehicles will be on
display.

Segway Human Transporters will be available for test rides.

A selection of food, drink, and merchandise vendors will be available.

The course for the electrathon race is new this year and there will be lots
of high school teams and other competitors.

I attend this event every year and always have a great time.

Info from the City of Lacey website-

Alternative Fuel Fair & Electric Car Races
Saturday, May 8  10am
Huntamer Park in Woodland Square
For Information: Lacey Parks and Recreation, (360) 491-0857

It’s an all-electric car rally! High school teams and hobbyists race their
custom made electric cars in an effort to drive the most times around the
course in one hour. The Alternative Fuel Fair also features a variety of
displays and vehicles. Electric bikes, Segways, scooters, motorcycles,
hybrid cars, and cars powered by natural gas, electricity, and bio-diesel
will be displayed. Take a look at the future now!

For more info go here and click Alternative Fuel Fair-
http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/events_main_page.html

Driving directions-
http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/fuel_fair/directions_map.pdf

Cya There!