[Oeva-list] Hillsdale branch library charging station update.

mark.freidberg at netzero.net mark.freidberg at netzero.net
Sun Oct 3 10:46:51 PDT 2004

Hi fellow OEVA members,

Earlier this year at one of our monthly meetings, mention was made of the new Hillsdale branch library ( www.multcolib.org/agcy/hls.html )and an EV charging station that was said to be there in a Multnomah Village Post article.

I went over to the library to check this out. And yes, there is an EVI ICS-200 Conductive charging station located in the covered parking area. When you pull into the parking area, on the left-hand side is a parking space with the charging station mounted on the wall at the head of it. The charger was on, and appeared to be operational when I examined it. The problem is, it has an AVCON type paddle, so there is no way to just plug-in your regular 120/220 VAC plug into it unless you have an adaptor.

A quickie Google search revealed some informative pages that hopefully are accurate and current. It looks like the E.A.A. has an adaptor available for sale that will support an interface to a 220V onboard charging system. It doesn't appear that interface to a 110V is possible.