[Oeva-list] EV Awareness Day details Aug 20

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri Aug 12 10:28:21 PDT 2005

I just mailed (using regular mail) the following letter with logistics
for EV awareness day. Note also that we have a few other events that we
can participate in.

Gary

									August 11, 2005
Dear members and friends,

The OEVA will be holding our annual Electric Vehicle Awareness Day at
Pioneer Courthouse Square on Saturday, August 20, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  We can begin setup at 8 a.m. Enter from the East side of the square on
SW 6th Avenue, a one-way street going north, just north of Yamhill St.
If exhibitors are late or must leave early, this can be done with
appropriate caution (and help from staff in managing the heavy
pedestrian traffic).

You are encouraged to bring any EV’s that you have, running or under
construction, to the event. Please take appropriate cautions to see that
no high voltage or other hazards are exposed when the EV’s are on
exhibit.  Let us know if you have any concerns in this area, so we can
assist with appropriate precautions. We have an on-site “stage hand” all
day who can help us with this and any other equipment issues.

Except for loading and unloading, only hybrid and electric vehicles will
be allowed on the square for this event—other vehicles must find parking
elsewhere. We have secured permission to use the CNF lot at the SE
corner of 21st and Raleigh NW for trailer parking. The Portland trolley
provides transportation back to the square (or you may wish to arrange
EV transport with one of the members).

We will have 4 20A 120V outlets for charging on the square. Nearby
charging is available at the PGE World Trade Center site at 1st and
Salmon for those using 240V (120V is also available there).

Afterwards, we plan to have dinner in a to-be-determined NW area
restaurant near the trailer parking. As is our tradition, we will buy
dinner for those from out-of-town.

As usual, members are invited to bring any informational materials that
they have that would be helpful to those investigating EV’s.

If you have any questions, feel free to call Gary on his cell phone at
503 740 3215.

We also participate with smaller groups at other events, sometimes with
a limited number of vehicles. Let us know if you can/would like to
participate, but feel free to drop by!

Nedra nationals are Sep 4 at Woodburn dragstrip. We have a number of
volunteer positions for all day or part of the day.

The Belmont Street Fair is September 10, 10 to 5. We’ll be at 34th
Street, between Yamhill and Belmont.

PGE has a series of transportation fairs:  the Warner Milne Rd site in
Oregon City on September 15 from 11:30 to 1;   the Mohawk St. site in
Tualitin September 22 from 11 to 1 (setup at 10);   our usual WTC
meeting site in Portland October 11 from 11 to 1 (setup at 10);  and the
Portland Service Center at 3700 SE 17th on October 13 from 11:30 to 1
(setup at 11). These are during the week, but it would be good to have
one or two vehicles at these events. Perhaps there is an event near you
that you could do!  Contact Gary Graunke or Paul Burkey.

Finally, we have been invited to exhibit in the “Give Green” show Nov.
12th and 13th at the Doubletree Lloyd Center. (Earlier this year we
exhibited a Sparrow, a GM EV S10, and a Solectria Force).

As you can see, there are many opportunities to promote EV awareness
throughout the year. We expect this trend of increasing interest by the
public to continue!

We are very thankful for the numerous, varied efforts of our members to
promote EVs’ and assist those that are driving electric. Thank you for
sharing!

Best regards,

Gary Graunke
Eric Johnson