[Oeva-list] EV Awareness Day vehicles

R Olson rolson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:16:30 PDT 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Todd at realeyz wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2005, at 3:29 PM, <java at xprt.net> wrote:
>> I for one strongly discourage anything other than  purely electric
>> vehicles
>> at electric vehicle awareness day.
>
> I fail to see how hybrid vehicles will confuse the issue unless
> someone doesn't take the time to ask questions - In fact I would be
> willing to get that anyone inquiring about EV will want to know how
> hybrid fit into the equation regardless of whether they are present or
> not.  By making them invisible you are essentially saying they are the
> wrong choice in a world where currently they are the only real
> practical choice.

Todd, Ralph, all...

The EV Awareness Day isn't simply a show and shine car show-off event.
There are other outlets for that. The EVent has always been about more
than what you can buy off the lot, looking at a loftier goal of taking
an active role in your transportation choices, and seeing - touching! -
a future that can be made with your own hands. I agree that the number
of hybrids should be reduced at the EVent. These vehicles are known,
backed by companies that can advertise and state their own case without
our help, and available to be bought with a simple choice at the car
dealer's lot.

However, an EV is not just a purchase in a better today. It is a vision
of a better, cleaner, more efficient and safer future. It's the
embodiment of a goal that is a little further out, something that takes
an effort, dedication and work.

The EVent can inform. But even better, it can inspire.

Let's inspire the people who see us at PCHSqr.

...Ross...