[Oeva-list] EV Awareness Day vehicles

Rob the Wop noise.nong at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 00:03:11 PDT 2005

> I  can see by the attitude that many in this EV crowd consider hybrids
> unwelcome and really seem to have little clue of real global energy
> issues.

> Your awareness day will only serve as another  fringe novelty show for
> passerby's.

> those of us with hybrids are  the only ones really doing any good So if
> you wanna make any kind of change you better  buy a hybrid - EV's aren't
> cutting it -

> the problem is not the technology, but the attitudes of  the people
> wielding the technology.

Uhm. Right.

It's a good thing we have a savior. Apparently smarter than us, so it
appears we should give up our fruitless battle and buy gasoline engines.

You did know that hybrid car companies are changing their stategy? They are
increasing the HP instead of the MPG so that they can sell to the 'soccer
mom' crowd. The new Ford Escape SUV will have an amazing 40 mpg, tops.

Funny that you can still be part of the problem- yet have the bizarre
fantasy that you are making a difference. Even to the point of thinking that
you are leading the way. Delusions can be so much better than reality, can't
they?