[Oeva-list] EV Awareness Day vehicles

Crabtree, David David.Crabtree at pdxtrans.org
Mon Aug 15 09:34:47 PDT 2005

Let's debate!

Obviously, if we are on this list we are trying to figure how to work our
way to better solutions.
As a relatively new name on the list I have to say that it is disheartening
to see what is valuable perspective being offered, degenerate to disrespect,
which is the way I perceive what I have been reading here.

The way the world is now it is a difficult thing to fight the powerful,
entrenched interests of a disastrous status quo and improve the awareness
and knowledge of enough consumers to make the needed changes.  It will come,
but sooner if those who have knowledge and experience agree on what they can
agree on, put forward a coherent, cohesive message and debate among
themselves respectfully.

There is no one solution.  No solution is perfect.  I appreciate the debate
and the insight that comes from different points of view.  There apparently
has been a lot of thought and not just a little passion invested in peoples
positions their transportation.  This thought and passion is very valuable.
I hope we don't get into fights over who is greener.

I am very much looking forward to meeting and talking with some of you on
the 20th.

-David