[Oeva-list] Owner support

Ralph Merwin rmerwin at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 16 12:06:37 PDT 2005

Eric Johnson <ejts at comcast.net> writes:

> First, the tools:  Has the group gotten a crimper for 2/0 cable?  The
> only one I know of is John Wayland's, but I thought I'd check here first,
> since he hasn't been around much (any, actually) lately.

I need one of these too, this week.  I was planning on renting one from
Northwest Batteries in SE Belmont for $15/day.

It would be handy if the club had one in the tool kit.  evparts.com has
the nice HexCrimpers (8ga to 6/0) for $189, Northwest Battery has them
for about $225.  The difference is about what I expected to pay in rental
fees, so if the club were to approve a $189 expense for the crimpers I'll
be happy to pay the extra $35 so I can have the use of them starting
tomorrow or Thursday.

Sorry that I can't answer the Curtis questions...  (but I think you do
need a precharge resistor, maybe Chris Brune has a suggestion)

Ralph