[Oeva-list] Re: Oeva-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 16

Rick Durst Rick.Durst at pgn.com
Wed Aug 24 15:58:36 PDT 2005

I am going to need a set of 18 Trojan 125s for my  Escort.  I don't want
the Low profile posts (LPT) which is what I have, because of all the
trouble i have had with them.  (Bolts loosening and having to check them
weekly... melting posts..... )

The automotive posts (AP) are no longer available, but there is a
Universal post (UT) which is automotive style with flat sides with a
hole through it for a lug. It will have 60% contact for the automotive
style terminal ends which means I need to remake new cables or I could
bolt through and use the existing cables.

I am not sure if all my problems were related to the cables with the
ring style terminal ends which I am told should handle the 300 amp draw
without a problem  or just the terminals being screwy on the trojans.

Questions:
1) I need 18 batteries and at NW battery Supply they are $94.39 if I
order them with the UT post, or if I order a pallet of 40, I can get
them for $80.  Anyone need new batteries and want to go in with me?
2) Does anyone have new batteries they want to sell??
3) Does anyone know of a better price for these?
4) I have heard of a Dekka Battery that I can get that is $100 each for
18 that has a little more reserve power than the trojans It is made by
East Penn Manufacturing.  Anyone heard of them.  I can get these in an
Automotive stylepost.
5) Should I have new cables made up that are crimped and soldered or is
just crimping o.k.
6) Can I go to the UT posts and bolt on my existing cables that are
crimped with ring terminals, with that be o.k.??