[Oeva-list] Re: 1997 Solectria Force

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Tue Jul 19 20:48:18 PDT 2005

I am thinking about selling a 1997 Solectria Force. I would like to  keep it
in the Portland area or at least the Northwest. It is white four door  four
passenger with regen, heat, air conditioning, and has 17,500  miles. The
batteries I believe are the original ones. Thirteen 12 volt  batteries go about 25
miles not bad for batteries that are at least 8  years old. I understand the
range is 50 miles with new batteries. The batteries  are about 2000 dollars new.
I have not replaced them because they still  go about half the distance of new
ones. I wanted to see if the range  would drop. In the three thousand miles I
have driven the car it is the same.  The charger is working at half speed I
contacted Solectria and they said they  could fix it for two hundred dollars.
They said this has happened to a lot of  the Brusa chargers it is just a solder
repair. One could take apart the charger  and solder all the connections. The
Solectria with its AC drive and regeneration  is a very efficient electric
cost is about 2 cents a mile.

I love driving it but I am going to concentrate on the electric Ranger  and
S-10 trucks.

Don Blazer