[Oeva-list] EV Awareness Day

Graunke, Gary gary.graunke at intel.com
Tue Jul 26 12:35:44 PDT 2005

This is our press release--thanks to Brad for updating it for this year.
I've attached a word version, but this may not make it through the list
filters.

Gary
==================
July 26, 2005

Contacts: Gary Graunke (503) 264-9249 and Eric Johnson at (503)
348-6392; www.oeva.org
MEDIA ADVISORY: SATURDAY, AUG. 20
OEVA Awareness Day 2005
WHAT:	Electric Vehicle Awareness Day, an annual summer event organized
by the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association (OEVA). The latest advances
in electric car conversions will be on display. Attendees will be able
to view about 15-25 electric and hybrid vehicles and learn about the
environmental and economic benefits of driving vehicles powered by
electricity instead of gasoline. This event is free and open to the
public.
WHEN:	Saturday, Aug. 20, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
WHERE:	Pioneer Square in downtown Portland.
WHO:	Regional hobbyists and electric-vehicle experts will be on hand
to answer questions.
WHY:	As gasoline prices remain high, electric vehicles are setting
the stage for what may become the most important means of transportation
in this century.
The OEVA was formed more than 20 years ago. Its more than 100 members
reside in the Portland metro area and central Oregon. Similar groups
exist throughout the nation.
# # #