[Oeva-list] reducing the amp draw of a 110V zivan...

Chris Brune csbrune_ev at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 22:41:58 PDT 2005

Hi Tony,
I'm not sure how a variac is going to help with your amp draw.  The only way
I can think to lower the current would be if there is output current
adjustment in the charger.  Do you have a manual for the charger?  The
output current may not be adjustable, many are not.

A variac isn't going to reduce the amp draw, if anything it will probably
make it draw more.

Regards,
Chris Brune