[Oeva-list] Seeking mechanic referrals

Mark Freidberg mark58150 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 06:40:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'd appreciate any referrals leading to a mechanic able to work with 1980-era Subaru 360 and 600 series cars/trucks/vans. My Jet Electra Van is built upon the 600 series and my immediate task is to inspect and repair as needed the stock drum-style brakes.

Thanks to sites like the ElectraVan 600 Owners List and the SUBARU 360 DRIVERS' CLUB, there is access to service manuals and parts sources. Now I just need a local mechanic to help with doing the actual inspections and repairs. As a last resort I could probably stumble thru this myself but would really appreciate a mechanic's prior experience.

Jet ElectraVan 600 Owners List:
http://listserv.tcu.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=ev600-l&T=0

SUBARU 360 DRIVERS' CLUB:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5360/main.html