[Oeva-list] List-posting appropriateness question

Eric Johnson <ejts at comcast.net> ejts at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 14:12:44 PDT 2005

I've been asked by someone out-of-town that reads our list if we could mention the fact that support and maintenance wervices are available.  One of our local cars has recently made use of said services, and I think it would be a good thing to put contact info on the list.  I think that any information along those lines, such as businesses that will work on EVs, is appropriate to the list.

However, we may need to be careful about anything that looks commercial, what with being non-profit and all.

Does anyone know for sure where we stand?  Yay or nay?

My personal take is that we should allow information, not advertising, both on the list and links on the web site.  Specifics about what is available and contact information, for sure.  Possibly also rates, where that is appropriate, perhaps including "specials."

This particular individual has much experience in "normal" auto mechanics, in addition to EVs.  From my personal experience, I can recommend him.  That's not the issue here, but is something like this that is really commercial appropriate for this list?

Let me know.
--
Eric Johnson
OEVA Co-Chair (who you'd think should know)