[Oeva-list] OSPRIG - Clean Cars action results and request

John RA Benson jrab at e-m-w.com
Thu Jun 30 04:22:37 PDT 2005

This is great!
What I have to wonder is why any politician in Oregon would be against it.
I'm just ignorant of the Oregon auto industry in general - are there
manufacturers who could pull strings and shut down plants in retaliation? I
can understand the automakers wouldn't want something like this passed for
economic reasons that it might hit their pocketbooks, but what kind of
pressure can they really exert in Oregon? Or is it more of an agenda thing
to follow party line or something like that?

Just curious...

Thanks
JRAB