[Oeva-list] pulling a original prestolite from an Renault

Tony McCormick tony at notebene.net
Sun May 8 15:32:50 PDT 2005

I haven't posted anything to this list in a long time, but I have a
question that I figure only this audience can help me with.

I smoked my 48volt prestolite motor the other day on the way home and
now I've gotten to  the last steps of pulling it out to be replaceed
with a ADC 8".    Only, I could use some tips on pulling the motor, I
have unbolted the obvious stuff on the adapter plate and the carriage,
but it seems to still be connected at the shaft.   I don't what to 'pry'
it apart unless that's what you are supposed to do (cars are like that
sometimes).    I can see two set screws in the 1/2" gap between the
adapter plate and the tranny that go into the collar.  I suspect that is
the culprit,  but they seem virtually impossible to get to with out some
kind of special, long square head tool.

Anyone do a replacement on  an old Electric Leopard?   Ideas?

--
Tony
Tigard, Or