[Oeva-list] EV lifecycle support network (EV mechanics, etc)

Graunke, Gary gary.graunke at intel.com
Mon May 9 09:13:07 PDT 2005

We'll be meeting next Thursday, and there is way too much to do!

Of course, our Segway speaker will be first on the agenda.

After that, there is a lot of work to divide up!

Anytime now, but by the end of the month at the latest, we will receive
a trailer (yes, 18 wheels) full of charging equipment, which is being
donated to us (rather than being scrapped). Don Blazer has offered to
store it in the Oregon City Car Stars store. We estimate that there will
be 15-20 pallets of material: chargers, mounting posts, plates. We can
rent a fork lift, but need someone that can operate fork lifts to help
unload the truck and move the pallets to the storage. Other folks can
use pallet jacks to reposition them. We'll have a few days notice of
when these will be shipped.

This weekend, Apr 14 and 15, we have a booth at the Natural Sytle Show
in hall D of the Convention Center. I need to submit a list of 6 people
by today! So let me know if you can staff the booth: talk EV's and
provide handouts. (Can we have handouts made by this weekend?). Set up
is 1-8pm on Friday, and we should staff the booth a 9am, tear down is
5-9pm on Sunday. The show is 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday.

That covers 1 and 4. If someone could put together item 6, we could hand
it out at this weekend.

We are now a registered 503c entity. There is some work to do here.

We need folks to step forward and organize some of these other items.
There is so much going on that we really need to spread the leadership
around! That's good!

The surge in activity is not particularly the result of our
efforts--most of us are way too busy already. We just happen to be here
at a historic inflection point--the peaking of global oil production in
the face of rapidly increasing foreigh and domestic demand. Forget
social security reform (at least for the moment)--how we deal with this
issue will have far more impact on our economy and our society. Like it
or not, we seem to be blazing the trail on at least one of many possible
changes that will be required. Hopefully, we can get some of these
issues addressed and get back to having fun working on our vehicles as a
hobby (I'm going to have the record for the longest car project!).

See you Thursday. In the meantime, if you can help with some of these
items, please contact me or Eric!

Gary