[Oeva-list] Zapi H2 Controller

Ralph Merwin rmerwin at aracnet.com
Thu May 12 07:05:06 PDT 2005

Rick,

I used to use a Zapi H2 controller with regen.  At the time my car had
a 120v pack.  It worked pretty well, although I felt that the cooling
needed to be improved so I made a water-cooled heatsink to bolt it to.
I probably still have this heatsink in the garage somewhere.

Note that the "120v" version of these controllers is really a 96v model
with a little power adaptor box bolted on top.  You need to be very sure
that the controller never sees a pack voltage more than about 140v or so
(I'm not sure of the actual ceiling).  My controller quietly died one day
when I accidently turned on the ignition while charging with an external
charger (which bypasses the normal charger interlock circuitry).

If you do buy the Zapi you may need to modify your potbox to add a third
wire.  It's easy to do.

Ralph