[Oeva-list] Zapi H2 Controller

Roy LeMeur roylemeur at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 11:08:48 PDT 2005

> > Anyone have any experience with the Zapi Controller? Is this a good
>price?

Good price. I installed one of these in this car-
http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/renewables/G1page.html

Use a large heatsink with a fan on it.

Regen is two-step, throttle off supplies a few amps, brake pedal mounted
switch adds a few more.

Verify that the motor is neutrally timed. Regen can be hard on brushes and
commutators.

Watch that peak voltage. Burn off excess juice if necessary. It will let the
smoke out if you fire it up at the top of charge with charger running. At
less than 120V nominal this is not a problem.

Zapis can be very picky, get a good wiring schematic and instructions.

Can you read Italian?  :^D

Good Luck!
.

Roy LeMeur