[Oeva-list] More Charging locations

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 15:05:20 PDT 2005

I would like to contact Costco about installing  charging at their stores.

As a business owner I know we could get better results  if we added a page to
our web site listing public charging locations. If we add  this page I know I
can get us more charging locations. I would like to see the  charging
locations have both 220 and 110.

This would also help raise public  awareness that we are here and using
electric vehicles for transportation. In  the Portland area that most people do not
need a range of 100 miles. Having more  charging locations would dramatically
increase the life span of best  current affordable technology we have in
batteries lead acid. Sealed  lead acid batteries can go from 500 to over 3000
cycles. If charged after using  20 or 30 percent instead of 80 percent you will
get many more miles and  years of added use doing this.

I believe it would help to have the web  site done before I contact Costco.I
have heard  they will not pay for the equipment but they might cover the
labor. We can get  the Avcon chargers from EAA. If they run a circuit for 220
adding another run  and a plug for 110 is no big deal.

Another place is the park and rides. Anyone know of the  contact for the park
and ride locations?

Is everyone for doing this?

Don  Blazer