[Oeva-list] Re: Oeva-list Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Tony McCormick tony at notebene.net
Fri Sep 2 22:50:49 PDT 2005

Rick,

> A couple of issues.
> We need 120v and 240 volt plugin locations.  The EAA charger like at
> the WTC, I am told no longer meets code, as current electrical code
> requires the charger to communicate with the car.  This "Safety" issue
> was probably added to discourage home conversions and add to the price
> of conversions.  We would need to get a variance.

Does anyone know what, ( legally speaking) , "charger to communicate
with the car" means?   My charger "communicates" with my car to know
when it's full and when to turn off...  It does NOT communicate with the
source of AC from wall jack, however.   Our current street charging
locations are *not* chargers.....  so, I would not think that rule would
apply...

--Tony