[Oeva-list] More Charging locations

Ralph Merwin rmerwin at aracnet.com
Mon Sep 5 22:10:56 PDT 2005

Don,

I like the idea of getting businesses to install recharging stations.
It's one of those chicken-and-egg problems though.  If there were more
charging stations, more people would be inclined to use EVs, but until
more people are using EVs, businesses don't feel inclined to install
charging stations.

It would be good to target a specific business or chain like Costco.
It would help if we could show them how many EV people would visit
their stores if charging was available.

It might also help if the OEVA could arrange getting the equipment
from the EAA and maybe even help with the installation (although this
would probably be just ditch digging and other manual labor since the
electrical work needs to be done by a licensed electrician).

I know of three Costcos in the Portland area: one in SE off Sandy Blvd,
one in Beaverton by Tek and I think another one in Tigard?  Are there
others?  The one with the most EVs near it would be the best to approach
first.

Assuming we can get businesses to install charging stations, we would
then want to make a point of going to those businesses and using the
stations, and make sure the store managers know the stations are getting
used by paying customers.

Ralph