[Oeva-list] Re: wire at ABoy & Home Depot

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 22:29:06 PDT 2005

Hello Mark

Gary is correct about the size wire for the current. I have bought the 10/3
at Home Depot this is the largest size wire for extension cords they have
there.

For a longer heavy duty extension cord (100 feet) I bought 8/3 at ABoy on
Barbur Blvd. It is on the back wall on rolls.

The 10/3 and 8/3 both are the flexible type and with the same black  cover
that is water resistant. I believe they are also resistant to oil but not
certain. Just looking at them you would not know the difference except for the
size. The 8/3 is quite a bit bigger and in a really long cord it weighs a  lot.

Don

In a message dated 9/11/2005 7:12:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,