[Oeva-list] Clean Cars for Oregon - Now Is the Time to Voice Your Support!

Chris Hagerbaumer chrish at oeconline.org
Fri Feb 10 12:04:32 PST 2006

Clean Cars for Oregon - Now Is the Time to Voice Your Support!

The proposed clean car standards are one step away from becoming a
reality in Oregon. Now is the time to urge the Environmental Quality
Commission (EQC) to permanently adopt the clean car standards. These
more protective tailpipe standards for new passenger cars and light-duty
trucks will make Oregon's air cleaner, reduce our impact on global
warming and save us money at the fuel pump! The EQC will accept public
comment until 5 p.m. March 3.

You can express yourself online, via email, snail mail or even at a
public hearing.

VOICE YOUR SUPPORT TODAY!

1. Submit comments online by visiting the Clean Cars for Oregon website
- www.cleancarsoregon.org <http://www.cleancarsoregon.org/> . At the
TAKE ACTION link you can modify the sample letter and send your comments
directly to the Environmental Quality Commission.

2. Send your comments via email to Oregon.LEV at deq.state.or.us.

3. Attend a public hearing in Medford, Bend, Pendleton or Portland. (Do
let us know if you plan to attend by emailing chrish at oeconline.org.)

Medford
7:00 p.m. February 21, 2006
Community Justice Center
1101 W Main Street, Suite 101

Bend
7:00 p.m. February 22, 2006
Central Oregon Association of Realtors
2112 NE 4th Street

Pendleton
7:00 p.m. February 23, 2006
Pendleton City Hall, Community Room
500 SW Dorian Avenue

Portland
7:00 p.m. February 27, 2006
DEQ Headquarters, Room 3A (3rd flr.)
811 SW 6th Avenue

SPREAD THE WORD

Tell others about the opportunity to support clean cars. Forward this
email to your friends and family, or simply send them the Clean Cars for
Oregon website link -- www.cleancarsoregon.org
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=80525193&url_num=4&u
rl=http://www.cleancarsoregon.org/> .

Thank you for supporting clean cars. Like you, we look forward to
Oregon's rising to the occasion and doing its share to slow global
warming, clean our air and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

Chris Hagerbaumer
Coordinator, Clean Cars for Oregon Coalition
Program Director, Oregon Environmental Council
chrish at oeconline.org
(503) 222-1963 x102

Adopt Clean Car Standards Now

Reduce Automobile Pollution in Oregon

By adopting "clean car standards" as ten other states have done, Oregon
can ensure that all new passenger cars and light-duty trucks sold in our
state are clean-burning, climate-friendly and fuel-efficient.

Clean cars protect our health and curb global warming. Clean car
standards reduce dangerous auto emissions that aggravate asthma and
contribute to other lung diseases, cancer and heart disease. They will
also cut global warming pollution by an average of 30% by 2016.

Clean cars make our nation more secure. Oil dependence is a matter of
national security that also threatens our economy. With clean car
standards we'll put American car manufacturers to work building a whole
new generation of cars that sip, rather than guzzle, oil.

Clean cars save car owners money and increase consumer choice. Because
clean cars use less fuel, they save drivers money at the gas pump. The
other states that have clean car standards have the same SUVs, light
trucks and passenger cars that we do, only with better pollution control
technology.