[Oeva-list] Megavolt down again....

Tony McCormick tony at notebene.net
Sun Jun 11 17:15:18 PDT 2006

Tim,

     >Where is a good place to buy single T145? I assume this cannot be
    fixed.

Empire Battery in Tigard is my favorite and they can and have welded new
posts on batteries for me, depends on whether there's any pad left.

     >Does anyone understand the mechanism behind this failure?  Does it
    make sense to just replace the battery and hope for the best without
    understanding the root cause of the failure?

It almost always a loose connection at the post.  It's really, really
important to tighten the connections very well and check them after
driving around.  If you don't have locking nuts and lock washers (or
belville washers) then you should get them.

PS: Dan has my battery tester.

Tony McCormick
"Drive Electric, Play Bluegrass, Learn the way of the Sword"
see it all at: http://www.notebene.net