[Oeva-list] Megavolt down again....

John RA Benson jrab at e-m-w.com
Sun Jun 11 22:03:36 PDT 2006

I can second that concerning the molten terminal. Same thing happened to me,
except only half the terminal arced away, so I was still able to clamp down
on what was left. Before it happened, I think I had been testing and forgot
to tighten the terminal, so it was loose. I drove away, the car started
stuttering, and then went flat dead. I thought disaster, but fortunately it
was just a vaporized terminal to the point of not having a connection at
all.

Someone at he time mentioned to check the cable lug connections, since a bad
connection can build up heat, and that repeated heating and cooling over
time can loosen the connection on lead terminals. So even if you haven¹t had
a problem it¹s good maintenance procedure to check all those connections
every so often.

jrab