[Oeva-list] EV escorts for the July 8th Night Ride

jray3 at aol.com jray3 at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 11:10:02 PDT 2006

Hello folks,
As mentioned during Thurday's meeting, there is a large organized bicycle Night Ride on July 8th after EV Awareness Day.  The organizers would love to have a couple of EVs to come along as sag wagons/ escorts.  I'm unsure of the total distance involved, but it would just involve following the bicyclists around downtown from 8pm until 11.  Three hours at low speed might be a stretch for some of our vehicles, but a relay could certainly be organized.  A pickup truck or Electra-van would be ideal, though the Bicycle Transportation Alliance has loaner strap-on bike racks for the sag wagons.
More info at www.thenightride.com click on VOLUNTEER.
I'm willing to coordinate this effort, so please let me know if you volunteer or are interested in doing so.

Cheers,
Jay Donnaway