[Oeva-list] Re: charging in Salem & Wiring 220 plugs?

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 15:03:40 PDT 2006

Hello Rick

Thank you for the information. I figured out it will  take around 4 hours
charging to make it from Portland to Salem and  back.

I checked out the circuit breaker panel where I will be at. They  have no 220
thirty amp circuit that I can access.  However they do have  multiple 20 amp
220 plugs for their in room air conditioners that are all  home run.

If they will allow me does anyone see a problem with wiring  two 20 amp 220
plugs together into a single 40 amp 220  plug? Not being an electrician I am
wondering if the code addresses my  concern. Is wiring always run from the buses
the same way to  all the plugs in a building?

If I it turns out I cannot plug in there. Does anyone know of any charging
locations in Salem? I will be there for four hours near Commercial Street  Near
Ruebler Blvd off I-5 exit 252.

Thanks
Don

In a message dated 6/18/2006 8:06:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,