[Oeva-list] Re: charging in Salem & Wiring 220 plugs?

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 00:17:01 PDT 2006

Hello Gary

I did not explain that well.

The place I am going to has existing 220 plugs in the hotel rooms for air
conditioners. They are 20 amps circuits. If I plug into two rooms  and run them
into one I would still have 220 but at 40 amps.

I could wire the plugs the same so they would not run power from different
legs together. This would work as long as they wired all the rooms the same. I
am sure the place does not want me to start taking their wall  plugs out of
the wall or pulling their breaker box panel off.

Do I just assume they wired all the plugs the same or should I make up a
little circuit breaker box with two 20 amp plugs in and one 40 amp plug out? If
it flip the breaker then I could just switch the wires on one 20 amp 220 air
conditioner wall plug.

Thanks
Don

In a message dated 6/18/2006 10:23:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,