[Oeva-list] Re: charging in Salem & Wiring 220 plugs?

barnes.rick at verizon.net barnes.rick at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 06:19:10 PDT 2006

Don:

You can't add multiple 20a 220v circuits together. Do this instead: Buy a breaker box with a 30a 220v breaker from Home depot. Install a 14-50 plug on one end, and your 30a receptacle on the other. This way you can use the 50 amp plug but still have overcurrent protection (effectively the same as a 30a circuit). If your charger already has a 30a breaker then you can just make an adaptor cord for the 14-50 outlet. Let me know if you want help building something.

Rick Barnes