[Oeva-list] Re: VW EV

Eric Johnson ejts at netzero.net
Tue May 16 14:18:07 PDT 2006

Dan,
I'm sure it would.  I'm the one that saw it run at Andy's.  The controller then was a 400A Curtis at 120V.  We never ran it under load, but it ran just as expected, just pushing the drivetrain.

As I understand it, the car had been used for a while at 120V (may have been a little less, but the controller had been factory-updated to 120V).  Therefore, it should run okay at that voltage.  Should be okay above that, but I'd not guarantee it.  I think it'd take the extra amps, too.  Could turn down the Raptor at first, just to be sure.

Just remember that all that is my best guess.  Could be wrong.
--
Eric Johnson