[Oeva-list] Looking for EV advice

Bryce Jacobson jacobsonb at metro.dst.or.us
Fri May 19 10:52:01 PDT 2006

I'm new to this list serve, but have had a long standing interest in
electric vehicle conversions.  I'm becoming more interested in
converting a car to electric, but am having a little trouble convincing
the rest of the family that EV's can be a viable town car option for
short trips.  If anyone out there would be willing to let me (and my
wife) come take a look at one or a couple of EV conversions and even see
if you could take us for a short spin to get a feel for weather or not
it is something I want to pursue further.

I'm confident that I can build anything, but, to start with I'm
comfortable with the technical details of a Rabbit DC conversion with
middle range (price and performance) components or even the turn-key kit
that Electro Automotive offers.

If you have converted a Rabbit or something similar in size, price and
complexity and wouldn't mind spending 30 minutes with someone new to
OEVA, I'd love to hear from you and learn from your experience.

I live close in NE Portland.  Work in the environmental field, have two
young children and discovered your group through George Tylinski (hope
its ok if I use your name George).

Thanks,
Bryce Jacobson
Home #503-282-5989
cell# 503-358-2252

Bryce Jacobson
Associate Planner
Metro Solid Waste and Recycling
600 NE Grand Ave.
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 797-1663
(503) 797-1795 fax
e-mail:  jacobsonb at metro.dst.or.us
web:  www.metro-region.org/toolkit

Metro is a regional government that serves three counties and 25 cities
in the Portland, Oregon region.
Reuse and Recycle Where You Live, Work and Play