[Oeva-list] No Conversion Workshop this weekend

barnes.rick at verizon.net barnes.rick at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 17:50:05 PST 2006

Due to relatives visiting next week, it looks like the Probe has taken second place behind domestic chores this weekend. So, unfortunately there will be no workshop Saturday.

Last weekend we mounted the repaired motor coupling (I had broken a tap inside, the machine shop removed it and installed a helicoil). When checking the runout on the face of the coupling we measured about .005", after mounting the flywheel this increased to .015" on the outside edge of the flywheel. The vibration is too much, so we will attempt to reduce the wobble using the motor as a lathe to flatten the face of the coupling. We want the motor to run smooth, and will spend as much time as needed to get the flywheel balanced properly.

I have sold the vacuum system and motor controller from the Bronco on the EV Tradin' Post. The Bycan charger, and the Ford Ranger motor/transmission adaptor set are still available.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Rick Barnes
Aloha, OR