[Oeva-list] 95 Probe Conversion Workshop

Rick Barnes barnes.rick at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 01:39:31 PDT 2006

Here is a link to a few pictures from Sat 9/2/06:
http://mysite.verizon.net/barnes.rick/Probe/

I found a shop manual set on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130021389093>
&item=130021389093
Also an oilless rotary vane vacuum pump for the power brakes and climate
control systems: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230023209421>
&item=230023209421
The vacuum pump motor is a brushless DC type, I will need to shop for a
motor controller for it. I 'll bet one of the controllers for radio control
airplanes will work? Here is the catalog for the pump:
http://www.gastmfg.com/pdf/rotvane/rotaryvane_catalog.pdf, Here is the
manual for the pump:
http://www.gastmfg.com/pdf/OM/31_32_33_34_series_Oilless_om.pdf

Anyone know the HP required to turn the power steering pump?

Rick Barnes
Aloha, OR