[Oeva-list] Montgomery Park Plugs (NW pdx)

Eric Johnson ejts at netzero.net
Tue Sep 5 13:32:13 PDT 2006

A couple responses:

First, charging locations are always welcome.  Hopefully, our chrging
comittee will follow this up.  As we get businesses to provide public-
access charging stations, we intend that they be listed on our site.
Included there should be links to the providers' web sites.  We have
to get a few to see how this works out.  It's too bad that someone who
was there looking at them didn't plug something in to see if they are
currently live.  However, that isn't too critical, since we'll need
owner's permission to do anything about it anyway.

As for charging at pay-for parking, that would be up to each parking
provider.  As far as I know, a few outlets are available at Smart Park
lots in Portland that do provide charging while parked.  We should
follow this up and get specific addresses on our list.

Same for overnight use.  Have to ask each location separately.

Second, as for updates to our meeting location, I think you mean the
charging stations at 1st and Salmon.  They should be updated to
specify a selection of 240VAC on a NEMA 14-50 or 120VAC on a standard
AC outlet.  Maps for the charging locations would be good for all,
too.  Maybe this will get on the list of our volunteer webmaster.

Related to that, I think the station at the Hillsdale Library is and
AVCON only.  No standard conductive 120 or 240VAC outlets.  I'm sure
there's some members that can verify this.  It would be nice if it
were updated on our list.

As things move forward with our charging comittee, these will be
addressed.
--
Eric Johnson
OEVA Co-Chair