[Oeva-list] Insurance?

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Sep 28 09:55:01 PDT 2006

Sean Hinckley wrote:
> I'm hearing rumors that it is hard to get insurance for electric
> vehicles.  Anyone on this list have the real scoop?

I had no trouble insuring my Sparrow when I had it, and the only problem
I've had with my Solectria is because it has a Geo Metro VIN, so that's
what everyone wants to treat it as.  I just went through a round of
verification with State Farm, and they said they were treating it as a
converted Metro, so as long as I had receipts, they would cover it on a
cost basis.