[Oeva-list] Conversion Workshop Session #4 Sat 9/30 9:00-???

Rick Barnes barnes.rick at verizon.net
Thu Sep 28 20:20:00 PDT 2006

Here is a photo of my workbench.
<http://mysite.verizon.net/barnes.rick/Probe/collage.jpg>
http://mysite.verizon.net/barnes.rick/Probe/collage.jpg

The treadmill motor was cheap, and it will operate the power steering pump
and the air conditioning compressor. I will need a controller because the
motor is 130VDC and my battery pack will be 144-156V. I also do not want to
run the motor at full 6000 rpm, probably around 4500 rpm would be better.

The vacuum pump was cheap too, and pretty neat. It is a rotary vane so it
does not vibrate like the piston pumps. It is pretty quiet too, running
about 3 amps or less on 12-30V. It has a brushless DC motor. I took it apart
and replaced the hall sensors and she purrs like a kitten.

I have a pretty cool vacuum pressure controller coming in the mail from
eBay: ZSE5B-02-27L http://www.smcetech.com/CC_catalogs/smc/pdf/ISE5B.pdf

Rick Barnes
Aloha, OR