[Oeva-list] State Farm agent who will insure home conversions of electric vehicles?

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Aug 5 00:19:52 PDT 2007

Tim Kutscha wrote:
> Hi fellow OEVA'ers,
>
>    I currently have insurance with State Farm, but they won't insure my
> recently converted 914 EV.  To get a volume discount along with my other
> car and home insurance, does anyone know of a State Farm agent that will
> insure an EV conversion in the Portland area?  I'd really like to get
> insurance this week so I can start commuting.

I'm with Todd Houser, 297-3788.  They insured my Sparrow before, and are
insuring my Solectria now, which is insured as a conversion "just have
the receipts for how much you put into it".  Since I bought it that way,
it's pretty easy ;-)  but they insure it sa whatever the VIN says it is
plus what you do to it.  At least that's what they tell me:

Quoting "the underwriter":